When do we collect information from you?
- When you fill in a contact form or sign-up form (through the website or on paper/card)
- When you use the website (including through cookies)
- When you contact us by email, text, phone call or letter
- When you sign in to an event or a meeting
- When you give us relevant information in conversation with one of our staff or senior volunteers (we may record some brief notes)
We collect the following information
- Name, address and contact details
- Credit or debit card information (when you wish to make donations or obtain goods or services identified as payable)
- Some other details when you register for conferences or events, and when you participate in Hope Church activities or complete other forms
- Information about your usage of our website
- Information you disclose in e-mails or letters you send to us, phone calls, via social media and face-to-face contact.
We collect some special categories of information
- Ethnic origin and background (we want to celebrate the different cultures that make up Hope Church and we also try to be sensitive to particular cultural backgrounds)
- Health information (if, for example, you have dietary or other needs we need to know about, or you ask for prayer for healing)
- Religious beliefs.
- To fulfil our membership criteria.
The purposes we keep and process this information are
- To establish and maintain your involvement with Hope Church and to communicate with you and your family members by email, phone and other means
- To keep you informed by text and/or email and/or social media about Hope Church’s services, activities and conferences
- To register users into events and training or other special meetings
- To collect donations and claim gift aid
- To fulfil our functions as a Christian church and apostolic movement
- To provide the products or services you have requested from Hope Church
- To answer your inquiries
- To help us to improve what we do and offer
- To keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
How we keep and process your information
- We will not share your information with others without your consent, unless it is to
- Comply with any legal obligation, or
- To enforce or apply any contract with you or others, or
- To protect our rights, property or safety of our employees or others, or
- We will keep information only as long as necessary (or until you ask us to remove and destroy it, if earlier) except that we may keep and process:
- Payment information in order to process any payment you have authorised
- Name and contact information for as long as you are attending or likely to attend Hope Church services or other events.
- Specifically, we retain church membership; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and marriage registers permanently.
- We may combine information we collect with information we have lawfully collected from other sources.
- We will email you only about things connected with Hope Church, such as latest news, future events and funding opportunities, etc.
- You may tell us to remove any of your information we hold at any time.
To find out more about what cookies are and what they do click here
"They are defined as ‘performance cookies‘ and they collect information about how visitors use a website. They are not allowed to actually identify the visitor and are used to improve how the website works." -GoSquared